Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool #9 Sharing Information Through Jing & Skype

I took a screen shot of the location of my favorite restaurant, "Churrascos" using Jing. I recommend this place. Their Latin American food is delicious!


One way I could use Jing with my students is recording a narration about historical figures and events. Also, a fun way to teach the students about geography, specifically the 10 states is by having them locate each state and create the screen shot as an assignment.
Skype is a great tool to interact with students from other countries and help our class learn a foreign language and a new culture.
Because of budgetary factors in Sherwood, I have been limited on field trip options. One of the places I would love to take the students is to the Space Center. I could use Skype to give them a virtual tour.
Skype can be used to demonstrate our science experiments giving access to other schools and/or their parents to view our live stream.
Skype gives more options to collaborate with other teachers on ideas and projects.
I installed Jing and Skype. I used Skype for the first time with my daughter. She has a Macbook with a built-in camera and I was delighted to see her live on screen. It was very easy to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment