Monday, August 9, 2010

After Tool #11 Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

My favorite ones are Digital Storytelling, Delicious and Skype.

I would like to use Digital Storytelling with my 1st graders. They could do a slide show about themselves. They could talk about their likes and dislikes, their family, their hobbies, their customs, etc... I could involve the parents in this process. They could help guide their child in their project. At the end I'd like to invite the parents to view the end result. It would be nice to have a celebration for their hard work.


2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I feel more comfortable using the different tools in the classroom. I will definitely put them in practice. Students love technology. They are surrounded by it and need to be exposed to it in school. We are all in this journey together. I'll also be learning as I teach my students.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I felt a little overwhelmed at first, but as I progressed through the tools I discovered I could conquer my difficulties. That gave me confidence to continue till the end. I actually enjoyed doing my slide show on Digital Storytelling and chatting with my daughter on Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment